New Behavioral Network– Delaware’s Family Intervention Program is focused on assisting caregivers in developing positive parenting techniques.
By participating in program services, caregivers will:
- Gain an understanding of positive parenting practices, which they can then incorporate into their daily routines.
- Address underlying issues preventing them from providing the best possible home environment for their children.
- Increase understanding and accessibility of local community resources.
- Create detailed and working monthly budgets to help them manage a household more effectively.
- Receive professional guidance navigating the various components and processes of the Family Court system
Family Interventionists Provide Assistance With:
- Parenting Education and Strategies
- Supervised Visits
- Employment Resources
- Budgeting and Planning
- Community Resources
- Safe and Affordable Housing
- Life Skills
- Daily Routines and Time Management
- Engage caregivers in evidence-based parent education (i.e. “Triple P”: Positive Parenting Program and 24/7 Dad ®)
- Model the skills necessary to raise their children in a nurturing, supportive, engaging, and disciplined environment
- Assist caregivers with scheduling professional and clinical appointments for themselves and their children
- Introduce caregivers to relevant community resources aimed at offering assistance and support for individual needs